Things to Do Before Calling a Los Angeles Moving Company!
Planning a move can be difficult, especially if you have never done this before. Hire a local moving company if you want to get the job done right. This is a list with things to do before calling a Los Angeles Moving Company.
1) Make an inventory list. You will know how many items you have and how many supplies to buy. Also, you will know if all items arrived at their destination and if any of them got lost or stolen.
2) Sort your items. Get rid of unwanted items. For medicine and cosmetic products, check their availability and if they are expired, toss them away. You can also organize a garage sell for clothes or antiques or any other item you want to sell. You will earn some money and you will make the move less expensive.
3) Clean the floors and let them dry. Do this operation with a day or two before your move date. Also remove all the obstacles on the path you will be moving boxes.
4) Measure all hallways and doorways. In this way you will know if the items will fit or you will have to dismember them or tilt them.
5) Clean your items. You clearly do not want to place in the cargo hold dusty sofas and couches. Plus, you will have to use some mattresses covers and the moisture accumulate in the cargo hold, combined with existing dust, will further damage the items.
6) Buy packing supplies. You can visit local stores, including local moving supplies stores or you can buy all your supplies online.
7) Purchase move insurance. It is better to be prepared in case of something goes wrong. Traffic accidents are common and your items can be damaged. Having move insurance will help you recover a part of the necessary money for repairs or replacement.
Our company provides excellent moving services and full logistic support. Check our website for more details. Visit us!